Track Maintenance Manger
Horsham Greyhound Racing Club
This position is responsible for the provision of ongoing maintenance of the HGRC (Horsham Greyhound Racing Club) racing track, associated infrastructure, grounds and buildings to enable the conduct of greyhound racing and meeting the OH & S requirements of HGRC in providing a safe and clean environment.
Principal Duties & Tasks.
- Preparation of the racing and trialling surface in accordance with HGRC and industry standards to continually provide a safe racing surface and environment for greyhounds.
- General maintenance and upkeep of all HGRC controlled areas including, but not limited to, racetrack and surrounds, buildings, gardens, grassed areas, car parks, fencing, concrete, roads etc.
- Reporting of all equipment breakdowns, failures or incidents of concern to the OH &S Manager and Club General Manager in accordance with organisational and industry policy and procedures.
- Cleaning of Kennels, Carpark & surrounds and any other area as requested in a diligent and efficient manner to ensure the health and safety of participants, greyhounds, contractors, visitors and the general public is preserved.
- Assist as required in the replacement and/or repair of racing and associated track equipment when required.
- Understanding of Operational Health & Safety guidelines
- Maintain workshop including associated tools and equipment in a safe and secure manner giving due regard to legislative, OH&S requirements and HGRC plant registers.
- Completion of duties at race meetings and trial sessions as directed by the General Manager and/or Committee.
- Other duties as requested by the HGRC General Manager, OH & S Manager or as authorised through the HGRC Committee.
- Some weekend, after hours and public holidays work can be expected.
- HGRC Committee
- HGRC General Manager
- HGRC OH & S Manager/Assistant Club Manager
- Greyhound Racing Victoria (GRV) Racing Manager
- GRV Contractors
- External Contractors
- Greyhound Racing Participants
- Practical experience in a commercial/industrial/agricultural maintenance or grounds keeping environment
- Ability to drive a tractor including FEL & operate general plant.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Highly organised and motivated
- Lateral thinker/problem solver
- Basic working knowledge of electrical (12v), mechanical, carpentry, plumbing, welding and associated trades desirable but not essential
- Understanding & qualifications of Operational Health & Safety guidelines
- Working knowledge of cleaning equipment and chemicals
- Current Driver’s Licence (Heavy Rigid Preferred)
- Flexible availability including some weekend & after hours work.
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
A generous salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
For a full position description or further information please contact General Manager – Justin Brilliant on 53824329 or firstname.lastname@example.org